Chammas & Marcheteau is a leading firm in fund structuring and advisory services to French and international asset management companies.
Our lawyers are well versed in the market standards and practices, as well as in the legal, regulatory and tax issues relating to fund structuring and asset management services. They liaise regularly with the AMF and other financial services regulators. The lawyers in our Funds & Financial Services team advise the Firm’s clients on all types of fund structures:
- AIFs: private equity funds (seed capital, venture capital, and LBOs), infrastructure funds, fund of funds, debt funds, securitization vehicles, and hedge funds (including quant, long short, event driven and deep value strategies);
- UCITS: Index funds, structured funds and Exchange-Traded Funds.
We assist our investment manager clients through each phase of the investment fund structuring process: selection of the most appropriate investment vehicle for the project; preparing the investment fund documentation and related agreements (vesting, co-investment and depository agreements); marketing and listing of the fund; and, obtaining approvals from the regulatory authorities; assistance with investor due diligence.
Advice to Investment Managers
We also advise our investment manager clients on the legal, regulatory and tax issues relating to their activity:
- Creation of the legal entity (corporate work and shareholders’ agreement);
- Regulatory approvals (UCITs and AIFMs);
- Legal and regulatory follow-up for the Investment Manager (AMF investigations, advice to the compliance and internal control officer (RCCI), establishment of regulatory controls and policies (anti-money laundering, and conflicts of interest), structuring incentive programs and compliance training);
- Capital markets transactions: declaration thresholds, change of control, sale of the investment management company (regulatory due diligence and transfer agreement).
Advice to Investors
Chammas & Marcheteau provides:
- Advice to investors (LPs) regarding their investment fund exposure (primary subscriptions or secondary purchases); and
- Assistance to investors in the transfer of their fund-held assets (total or partial portfolio transfers, and fund mergers).
Financial Services – Fintech
Chammas & Marcheteau assists its clients in the following areas:
- Fintech creation;
- Obtaining regulatory approvals for providing financial services (management mandates, and investment advisory services);
- Obtaining Financial Investment Advisor (CIF) status; and
- Obtaining Intermediary of Financial Assets status.
Partners in charge: